Using a quote button with your company profile on Google My BusinessBack
As we advertise along the highways as upMention, we see a huge spike of searchers in Google on our company name. Up to 600% of the normal numbers. That is why we would like to give you a marketing tip with an underestimated function in Google My Business: the quote button!
Why underestimated? Many companies do not have the button active, in as much as it is shown to all Google users who have the message function enabled. In practice, it is visible to almost all Android users; and that’s a lot of people.
Three important points to note before you get started:
- You must manage your company (or the company you work for) via Google My Business. You can read how this works here.
- The category in which your company is located determines whether Google shows the quote button. And that sometimes seems quite random. For example, we experienced with a customer that the category 'communication consultancy' does not receive a quote button, but 'internet marketing' does. If the button does not appear, try another category that also suits your company.
- You can let yourself and/or your staff respond to the quotation requests. Which happens often through a smartphone. The communication goes through the Google My Business app.
The road map is as follows:
- First of all, install the Google My Business app.
- Log in with the email address with which you manage the operating result.
- Tap Customers.
- Tap Messages.
- Enable the function.
Usually you will receive a notification from Google within half an hour that your button has been activated! If there are any questions, send us a message. We are happy to help you.