Obviously, it's easy to spend money on Google Ads. In fact, most businesses maximize this platform as an effective marketing stream day and night. So, as an entrepreneur or entrepreneurial manager, you must have a good grip of this concept.
So now that we meet you here in our digital walkway, we're happy to kick open five open doors so you can consciously take control of your Google ad experience:
- Base the maximum investment per click on the search intent. Searchers with a latent need are worth less than searchers with a purchase intention. The closer to a purchase, the more you offer.
- Anyone looking for your brand name wants to see your marketing message optimally to confirm your image and brand identity as a business. So as people search specifically for your company or brand name, you activate an ideal advertisement opportunity. PS: These Google ads costs are usually extremely attractive.
- Have more control and avoid 'broad' keywords. Have an in-depth research with very specific search terms. Do not do haphazard advertising and waste your money.
- As a company, you seek to offer a solution, but be careful not to overlook the problem in itself. For instance, you may want to reduce Google ad costs, but someone else searches Google for 'Extremely high Google ad costs'. So also focus on the problem of your target group, because several roads lead to Rome.
- If there is one word that is also important with regard to the costs of Google ad is measure, measure, and measure. Measure clicks on phone numbers, chat conversations, clicks on email addresses, completed forms, and any other interactions that result in a lead. You can map the costs per search term, but you can also map costs per Google ad.
Last, but not least, it is of course also important to pay attention to the return on investment. That is also a reason that search engine optimization is often higher in the priority list. If you do not score sponsored in Google, it will cost you a bit more (time) investment in the short term, but in the long term you will have no click costs at all, or at least in a more sustainable way an extra traffic flow.